ON A MISSION TO ADVANCE MEDICINE
M Physicians is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals to help advance medicine on a grand scale. Thrive in an environment where the pace is fast and new ideas are adopted quickly. We offer a multitude of career opportunities in both clinical and non-clinical areas. We welcome diversity in every area, from patient populations to our own physicians, and pride ourselves on being thoroughly inclusive. We gladly provide equal employment opportunities and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I APPLY?
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCESS TAKE?
WHAT IS THE INTERVIEW PROCESS?
WHEN CAN I EXPECT TO HEAR FROM M PHYSICIANS?
HOW LONG DOES AN APPLICATION STAY ACTIVE?
MAY A CANDIDATE APPLY FOR MULTIPLE JOBS?
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS?
WHAT IS THE TUITION REIMBURSEMENT?
The application process may vary depending on the position of interest. Regardless of the position, you must submit an online application. For some roles (Coders, Patient Rep, CMAs, LPNs), you will have to complete a front-end assessment.
On average, the hiring process takes anywhere from 26 to 33 days.
Once we consider you for a position, you will be asked to conduct a phone interview. Notes and recommendations are then sent to the hiring manager, who decides whether or not to pursue an in-person interview. All positions require at least one in-person interview. However, some higher-level positions include a series of interviews. Some clinical positions require a second job-shadowing interview at the clinic of choice.
Once the hiring manager reviews candidate applications, applicants not moving forward are notified promptly. As candidates proceed in the process, they will be notified as soon as they are no longer being considered for a specific role.
Individual applications stay active for the duration that a position is open in our applicant tracking system. Once you create a candidate profile, you can submit it for multiple positions on our career site. Candidate applications are specific to individual positions and are not systematically used to cross-fill open positions.
Yes, after creating your user profile on our career site, you may apply for all positions of interest.
University of Minnesota Physicians not only supports the professional growth of our employees, but also ensures that they have the resources needed to live comfortably. Our benefit packages are flexible, comprehensive and competitive. Benefit-eligible employees (.5 FTE or greater) may qualify for the following:
- Medical insurance – multiple options, providing flexibility in choice
- Dental and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account with employer contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness credit program
- Wellness initiatives
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Market-competitive pay
- Employer-paid life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Medical/dental and dependent care spending accounts
- 401(a) and 401(k) retirement savings plans
- Employer-paid disability insurance
- Paid time off for vacation, absences or personal needs
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- Medical, personal and family leaves
- Subsidized campus parking and Metropass
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee discounts on event tickets, child care and much more
- Work in a rewarding and satisfying environment
We are committed to the continuous development of our providers and staff. Therefore, we offer a variety of training opportunities that support technical growth. Current training and development offerings and initiatives include:
- 6,000 free training classes available online 24/7
- Access to courses providing CEUs for license and certification renewals, all free of charge to our employees
- Clinical skills support/training in both classroom setting and on-the-job training
- Courses and classes to prepare for certification tests for medical assistants, limited scope X-ray operators and several IT and HR certifications
- Extensive management and leadership course catalog
- Tuition reimbursement for eligible employees