We are here to help you understand your bill(s), talk with you about community care programs and provide financial counseling. You may want to check with your insurance company for coverage, referrals and payment options before your next visit.  Your bill will depend on the clinic you visit and the services you receive.

For questions about your bill, please call:

M Physicians Billing: 763-782-6507 | 833-914-1046
Available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Online Bill Pay 

To log in you will need:

  • Account number
  • Patient last name
  • Patient date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)

University of Minnesota Physicians Online Bill Pay

To discuss financial arrangements or questions about your bill, please call M Physicians Billing: 763-782-6507

To Apply for Community Care

Please download the application here (Spanish version can be found here) and return the form only once it has been completely filled out, as we will not be able to process your application without all of the requested information. 

Please sign and send to:
University of Minnesota Physicians
6300 Shingle Creek Parkway, Suite 600
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430

Once your application has been received, we will review your application and send a written response as to whether you qualify for this program. If you have any questions regarding this program or whether the care you are receiving may be eligible for this program, please call.

Financial Counselors for pre-visit planning: 763-782-6505 or toll free 1-833-495-2616

Business Office for patients with billing questions: 763-782-6507 or toll free 1-833-914-1046

Program Guidelines

Patients experiencing difficulties in paying for their medically necessary care may qualify for financial assistance through our Community Care program. This program applies to services billed by University of Minnesota Physicians and assists patients with paying for medical care necessary to maintain their health. It does not apply toward care that is considered elective or cosmetic, or toward services billed by Fairview Health Services or the University of Minnesota Physicians Dental Clinic. 


It does not apply toward care that is considered elective or cosmetic, or toward services billed by Fairview Health Services or the University of Minnesota Physicians Dental Clinic, or M Health Fairview Center for Sexual Health. 

Patients whose annual Gross Income is at or below 275% of Federal Poverty Guidelines and assets do not exceed $500,000 may qualify for the program. 

Assets include: Checking, Savings, Money Market Accounts, Certificate of Deposits, Mutual Funds, and Retirement Accounts. Retirement funds will be included as assets.

Patients must apply for Medical Assistance programs before being considered for this program.

Financial Services

Our financial counselors are available to answer any questions regarding potential costs and coverage. We discuss all options with patients that may have insufficient or no insurance coverage for their care.

To reach our financial counselors, please call:  763-782-6505 or toll free number 833-495-2616.


Uninsured and Self Pay Patients: You have a right to receive a "Good Faith Estimate" explaining how much your medical care will cost.

Your Rights and Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills


Resources for Uninsured Patients

Common Primary Care Clinic Charges 

Minnesota statute 62J.812 requires our primary care clinics to post charges and payments for 25 of the most commonly billed procedures, and the average payments or reimbursements received for those services from government and commercial insurance:

UMP Price Transparency 2024

Prices listed do not reflect what you may owe for your care. The amount you may owe out of pocket for your care depends on the type of insurance you have and your insurance’s contracted rate with our health system.

If you would like to get an accurate estimate of the payment rate University of Minnesota Physicians will receive related to your care, and/or an estimate of what you may need to pay out of pocket, please contact your insurance company.

To review allowable payments for Medicare and Medicaid, visit or the Minnesota Department of Human Services. Use the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code to look up reimbursement.