Telehealth: University of Minnesota Physicians has video and phone visit options available in addition to in-person visits. Please call us at
952 -525‑4500 and we can help you schedule a visit. If it’s possible to see your provider through a video visit, we’ll guide you through that process.
Experiencing a seizure is stressful for individuals and their families– our MINCEP® Epilepsy Care Clinic is here to help. We provide expert information and consultation for those who have recently experienced a seizure, or think that they might have. We strive for patients to return to a seizure-free life without any side effects.
MINCEP® Epilepsy Care is a Level 4 Comprehensive Epilepsy Center recognized by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. MINCEP® was the first comprehensive epilepsy center in the United States and has served as a model for epilepsy centers throughout the world since 1964.
- Imaging Services
- Pediatric Social Work and Care Management
University of Minnesota Medical Center Emergency Department
East Bank, 500 Harvard Street, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Patient parking is available outside of the Park Place East building in a surface level lot.
Seizure Types & Conditions We Treat
Our clinic provides both inpatient and outpatient care for teens and adults, including pregnant women. Our physicians and providers have experience treating all types of epilepsy including, but not limited to:
- Juvenile myoclonic epilepsy (JME)
- Myoclonic status elepticus
- Temporal lobe epilepsy
- Medial temporal lobe epilepsy
- Neocortical temporal lobe epilepsy
- Frontal lobe epilepsy
- Progressive myoclonic epilepsy
- Benign rolandic epilepsy
- Infantile spasms (West syndrome)
- Dravet syndrome
- Landau-Kleffner syndrome (LKS)
- Rasmussen’s syndrome
- Ring chromosome 20 syndrome
- Reflex epilepsy syndrome
Treatments & Procedures We Offer
Many factors are taken into account when creating a personalized treatment plan. Our systematic approach allows room for each plan to change, depending on the patient experience, so we can achieve the best possible end result. The goal of each plan is that by completion, patients experience a dramatic improvement in the quality of life and can return to a world free of worry from the possibility of future seizures.
Treatments and Surgeries
- Continuous Video Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- 3T Prisma Scans
- Medication Management Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulator (DBS)
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scan
- Anterior Temporal Lobectomy
- Corpus Callosotomy
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Medical Management
- Radiosurgery (Stereotactic, Tomotherapy, Gamma Knife)
- Responsive Neurostimulator (RNS)
- General Surgery
- Robotic Surgical Assistant
- Selective Amygdalohippocampectomy
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)
- Patient Education and Wellness
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
The Epilepsy care team at the St. Louis Park Clinic consists of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and other dedicated health professionals. Our team focuses on delivering expert care whenever you need it, and will always be available to help.