Dr. Lyford-Pike is a highly accomplished and skilled facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon. At The Hilger Face Center, Dr. Lyford-Pike performs a full spectrum of procedures, from minimally invasive injectables and skin treatments to comprehensive, life-changing facial surgeries. “Each patient and case I see is unique, and my goal is to collaborate with my patients to truly understand and advise what is best for her or him. It is my obligation to explain all options and the procedure thoroughly so that my patients will make confident, informed decisions, and know that I will support them the entire way”.
Dr. Lyford-Pike also practices medicine at the University of Minnesota, where she performs large, sophisticated reconstructive head and neck, microvascular, and free flap surgeries. She treats acute trauma patients and performs advanced procedures to restore the form and function of the head and neck. Dr. Lyford-Pike runs the Facial Paralysis Center at the University of Minnesota, focusing on regaining patients’ facial expression and literally helping them to smile again. In addition to performing surgeries, Dr. Lyford-Pike is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Facial Plastic Surgery within the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Minnesota.
Besides bringing wisdom and understanding from a woman’s perspective, Dr Lyford-Pike also adds a wonderful international essence to the clinic. Raised in Brazil, her parents and spouse are from Uruguay. Her primary language is English, but she also speaks both Portuguese and Spanish. She is a mother of 3 boys and her extended family is all over the world — from Brazil to France, Australia, and Argentina — so she maintains 4 passports.
- University of Maryland, College Park, Bachelor of Science in Neurobiology and Physiology
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Medical Doctor
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Residency
- Dr. Peter Hilger M.D., University of Minnesota, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Fellowship
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS / ACTIVITIES
- Alpha Omega Alpha, National Medical Honor Society
- American Academy of Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology
- American Head and Neck Society
AWARDS / ACHIEVEMENTS
- Named as one of Mpls. St.Paul Magazine’s “Top Doctors” 2022, 2023
- Named as one of Minnesota Monthly Top Doctors 2021 & 2022 and Top Doctors for Women 2023
- Named as one of Minnesota Monthly Best Doctors 2017
- Named “Mpls.St.Paul Magazine’s 2017 Rising Star“
- Lead physician in establishing a new Facial Paralysis Clinic, University of Minnesota
- The Frank L. Coulson Jr. Award for Clinical Excellence, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Duane Sewell MD Award for Professionalism and Humanitarianism in Medicine Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- MOC in Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery Recertification
- MOC in Otolaryngology